Thursday, March 29, 2012

#1 Cousin

Unfortunately, I don't have any cute pictures of Babycakes to post today as she simply would not sit still for any photo taking this morning. All she wanted to do was wiggle and stretch. Wiggle and stretch. When I first woke her up, she scrunched up her legs, arched her back, shot her itty bitt fists in the air and made tiny high pitched squeals like the air going out of a balloon. The cuteness was just too quick for my little iPhone.

(I really need to get the video camera out in the mornings, it's the sort of thing that needs to be remembered. One of those everyday moments that deserves capturing. The good stuff.)

Anyway. With no fresh Babycakes photos to post, I have no choice but to share a picture of her favorite person. She goes by many names – though you would be foolish to think you could use any old one at any time. These names are not interchangeable. And they are not bestowed at your whim. No, no. She will tell you which name the situation requires. For example, if she is pretending to be a dog and would like you to pet her or play fetch, her name is "Jordan Puppy." Or, if she is pretending to be a princess, she is "Jordan Princess." On several occasions we tried to explain that she could switch things around and be Princess Jordan, but that was shot down. It seems that once she comes up with a name, that is THE name. No alterations allowed.

While at home, I had a fun time learning all of her names and even helping her come up with new ones (I claim credit for Secret Agent Jordan – both for getting her to play secret agent games and to put the relevant title in front of “Jordan”). However, my favorite name was the one she gave herself when Babycakes arrived… “#1 Cousin.”

So, without further adieu, here is #1 Cousin (I dare you not to smile at her cuteness):

#1 Cousin

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I read Jordan this blog, and she promptly goes "no! I'm 4 #1 Cousin, tell BB I'm 4 too!"